Demonosity by Amanda Ashby Review

Title: Demonosity
Author: Amanda Ashby
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: N/A
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: A drop-dead, hilarious novel full of magic, demons, and crazy hijinks, I loved Demonosity--especially the fresh main character, Cassidy!

Cassidy Carter-Lewis finds herself in a real pickle. After getting a temporary tattoo, strange things begin happening to her: She's seeing ghosts, finding demons--and oh, a girl is glowing at her school and suddenly she must become a warrior. But soon as she struggles to protect those she loves, she finds herself at the face of a near impossible choice.

What I enjoyed:
-Cassidy, hilarious and fresh and fun--she made the novel worth reading for me, even when things got a little tired, and her evolution throughout the novel
-The pacing--it was breakneck and never slowed
-The premise of the novel, cool and different--I really enjoyed it, it's not like any other book I've read
-Nash was also a big selling point for this book for me--he was absolutely hilarious, even as he became a little pretentious
-Travis
-Thomas--I really felt for him throughout the novel
-Cassidy's family
-Celeste
-The ending--it was perfect!

What I didn't enjoy:
-Reuben
-At times I found myself rolling my eyes at the teenagers--though Cassidy was anything but typical

I really, really liked this book! Anyone looking for a lighter take on the paranormal genre should pick it up. Next on deck: Ink by Amanda Sun!

Comments

Popular Posts