The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch Review

Title: The Magnolia League
Author: Katie Crouch
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: The Magnolia League, book one
Star Rating: 2 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: This novel promises a lot--magic! Hot boys! The South!--but fails to deliver. It was just okay--I only read it through so I could move on. Really disappointed with how this book turned out.

Alex isn't a typical Southern girl. Living on a commune in California for most of her life, she's happy where she is. Until her mother dies in a fatal car accident, and she's shipped off to Savannah, Georgia. All she can think about is leaving--but she soon finds herself sucked into a world of dangerous, tempting magic. But magic just so happens to be like crack--you can't get enough of it once you've had it, and when she discovers a terrifying secret about her heritage, she realizes that no one can be trusted.

What I enjoyed:
-I liked it at first
-The premise seemed really promising
-Hayes and Madison
-Thaddeus

What I didn't enjoy:
-Alex just seemed to whine the entire novel--there was no real depth to her
-The premise seemed really promising, but it took 205 pages for the ball to get rolling on any kind of plot
-There was no real character depth anywhere
-I felt like this book promised big things, but it just fell short
-I only finished it so I could move on to my next book

I really feel like The Magnolia League had a lot of potential, but it was just bad. Really disappointed that I spent my money on this one. Next on deck: Teardrop by Lauren Kate!

Comments

Popular Posts