Rapture by Lauren Kate Review

Title: Rapture
Author: Lauren Kate
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: Fallen, book four
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The fourth and final book in the bestselling Fallen series, Rapture completely captivated me--a full and satisfying end to an amazing series! I loved it!

Luce is back. Returned from a tumultuous journey through the Announcers--and more lives than she can count, as well as reeling from a shocking, terrifying betrayal--Luce now realizes that everything--her life, her world, her relationship with Daniel--hinges on her unlocking the secrets to her past. But even worse than this, Luce may not exactly like what she finds.. And her past may not lead to Daniel after all!

What I enjoyed:
-The pacing of the novel, which was breakneck and perfect, but not too quick for me
-The narrative of the novel, drawing me in completely
-The mysteries that abound throughout the novel, unlocked at a perfect pace and kept me frantically turning pages, until the final one that had me crying my eyes out
-The ending--it was perfect!
-This book was the greatest of them all, and possibly my favorite, especially with how everything turned out
-The enjoyable cast of characters, sticking with Luce throughout the series, as well as the new ones in the novel
-Daniel, and his complex relationship with Luce, all brought to a head near the end of the book

What I didn't enjoy:
-There was nothing I didn't love about the last novel in this series--it was the perfect way to wrap things up! The only thing I'm sad about was that it ended at all! Brava!

I loved Rapture, and the entire Fallen series as a whole--beautiful! A great angel series! Next on deck: A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb!

Comments

Popular Posts