Poison by Bridget Zinn Review

Title: Poison
Author: Bridget Zinn
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Mystery
Series: N/A
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: A whimsical, delicious fantasy caper, Poison swept me away entirely, and I enjoyed every single minute of the ride--it was absolutely wonderful!

Kyra has a problem. She's a Master Potioner, and she was once on top of the world--engaged to a sexy man named Hal, in a lucrative potion makers' business, and best friends with Princess Ariana--but then, she attempts to shoot the princess with a poisoned dart after discovering a terrifying secret. Just like that, Kyra ends up a fugitive, friendless, on the run, and constantly hungry--until a pig comes into her life and is led on a journey that could endanger the whole kingdom.

What I enjoyed:
-the hilarious prose that had me laughing, and drawn in, from the first paragraph
-Kyra, and her kickass actions throughout the whole novel
-The fantasy element to it that felt like a delicious fairy tale I couldn't help savoring
-The breakneck pace of the novel--I couldn't put it down and was a little upset when I had to
-The caper that bled into the novel
-The romance--it was so cute!
-Rosie
-Langley
-Hal and Ned
-Ariana
-Fred
-Aldo
-Kyra's parents

There was nothing I didn't love about Poison--any fantasy fan or a fan of amazing heroines should grab it at the local library or bookstore! Next on deck: For Darkness Shows The Stars by Diana Peterfreund!

Comments

Popular Posts