Reckoning by Lili St. Crow Review

Title: Reckoning
Author: Lili St. Crow
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Strange Angels, book five
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The fifth and final book in the darkly addictive Strange Angels series, Reckoning thankfully blew me away, packed full of action, secrets, and humor, though at times I felt a little dissatisfied.

Dru Anderson has returned for the final time, running for her life toward the Appalachia mountains, to her home down south in a last-ditch attempt to find some safety and some normalcy to gain her bearings--all the while trying to keep a very pissed off king of vampires off of her back, protect her friends, and try to live. But, unfortunately, that isn't in the cards for our little Dru, and the last action-packed novel had me breathlessly turning pages, hand locked around my throat until I got to the final page.

What I enjoyed:
-Dru, and her quick thinking, and her glowing ability to fall back on humor whenever things get too bad, as well as her evolution into an adult
-Graves, and the way he loyally sticks by Dru throughout it all
-Ash, and his adorable, childlike way of acting
-Christophe, and his fierce protectiveness over Dru, as well as his feelings for her
 -The pacing--the book flew, and I couldn't stop reading
-The constant secrets
-The action--there wasn't a dull moment throughout the book
-The way Dru was left on her own for a while in the book
-The scene with Sergej, Christophe, and Dru
-The even deeper expansion into Dru's parentage

What I didn't enjoy:
-The secrets about Dru's grandmother
-The way the book ended, with all three main characters hanging off of a cliff and nothing decided
-We still don't know what Dru is short for!
-I feel like the book could've expanded a lot more and fell short at times

Overall, I really, really enjoyed Reckoning and the Strange Angels series altogether as a whole--I didn't want it to end! Next on deck: The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross!

Comments

Popular Posts