The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross Review

Title: The Girl with the Iron Touch
Author: Kady Cross
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Steampunk/Fantasy
Series: The Steampunk Chronicles, book three
Star Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: I have mixed feelings about The Girl with the Iron Touch--I expected more, especially since the first two novels were so much fun--and the cliffhanger seems to promise another volume in the series.

Finley, Griffin, Emily, Sam, and Jasper are back--and this time, the sweet, smart Emily O'Brien has been kidnapped--by what is left of the wicked Machinist, to implant his brain in a new body so he can wreak havoc on London once again. But Emily isn't going to go down without a fight. Meanwhile, Finley has to confront growing feelings for the smart, handsome Griffin, and the mysterious, sensual Jack Dandy--all the while, the friends scrambling to save Emily.

What I enjoyed:
-Finley, and the way her personalities continued to meld throughout the novel
-The sexual tension between Finley and Griffin
-Emily, as always, and the way her history was expanded upon
-Emily and Sam's blossoming romance
-The plot in the middle of the novel
-Mila
-Jack
-Sam

What I didn't enjoy:
-The way Jasper barely played a role at all
-Mei
-At times I was rolling my eyes at how cliched everything was
-I really feel like the book could've been better, considering it seemed like the last in the series
-The cliffhanger--I didn't like how indefinite everything was at the end
-Nothing was really wrapped up properly for me
-It just fell short, compared to the first two books, and I was really disappointed by it

I just liked this novel--for me, it wasn't great. It could've been so much better for me. Next on deck: The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead!

Comments

Popular Posts