The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead Review

Title: The Golden Lily
Author: Richelle Mead
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Bloodlines, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The sequel to Mead's spinoff series Bloodlines, I loved The Golden Lily, chronicling Sydney's self-doubt and her slow defection from the Alchemists' ways--and she learns that humans using magic isn't so bad, as well as learning to fall in love--I can't wait for The Indigo Spell!

Sydney is back, staying in Palm Springs with Jill, Eddie, and Adrian. This time around, she actually gets a boyfriend, goes out on date, does reacreational magic work for her history teacher, digging up secrets about the Alchemists that they are hiding from her--and learning how to love and trust the vampires she has been entrusted with, all the while trying to figure out what exactly is right--what the Alchemists have taught her, or her heart and instincts.

What I enjoyed:
-Sydney, and her own unique brand of narration
-Adrian, and the way he and Sydney got closer throughout the novel
-Jill
-Eddie
-Angeline
-Sydney's development throughout the novel
-The pacing of the novel--I couldn't put the book down!
-The secrets that almost had me screaming as I read through the book--I want the Indigo Spell now!
-The Alchemists and the branch that petered off from them
-The beginning of the novel, starting with Keith's judgment

What I didn't enjoy:
-Brayden
-Trey
-The ending--I was honestly on the verge of tears, it's so unfair!
-At times I was rolling my eyes--sometimes the pacing seemed to stutter

I really liked The Golden Lily, even better than Bloodlines, though as I've said before, I prefer Vampire Academy hands down. Next on deck: Struck, by Jennifer Bosworth!

Comments

Popular Posts