Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast Review

Title: Betrayed
Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Series: The House of Night, book two
Star Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Romantic, scary, and original, I enjoyed Betrayed--though I think as a sequel it left more to be desired. Perhaps things will get better as I read on.

Zoey Redbird is trying hard to adjust as a fledgling vampyre in the House of Night. She's been awarded as Head Prefect of the exclusive Dark Daughters, and she's trying to juggle three--yes, three--different boys at the same time, all the while trying to unravel the secrets behind her gifts from the goddess Nyx. But death and betrayal is about to strike, from where Zoey least suspects..

What I enjoyed:
-The pacing that drew me in right away--I really enjoyed it and it was breakneck, had me racing to figure out what was happening
-Zoey, and her hilarious narration, as well as her gang of friends, especially Stevie Rae--as well as her growth as a main character
-The mystery that was presented throughout the novel, that I had nearly figured out before half the novel was over
-Neferet
-Lenobia
-The ending

What I didn't enjoy:
-At times Zoey seemed a bit whiny and it drove me kind of nuts
-Heath
-I had the mystery figured out rather quickly and I'm hoping other books' secrets aren't as easily unraveled

I liked Betrayed, though I felt it could have been executed better. Next on deck: Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast!

Comments

Popular Posts