Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate Review

Title: Fallen in Love: A Fallen Novel in Stories
Author: Lauren Kate
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: Fallen, book three point five
Star Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: A nice filler to hold a reader over until Rapture, I enjoyed Fallen in Love--it provided good background information for several of the supporting characters.

Fallen in Love is a novel that is told in a few different stories, all tied together, taking place during Passion, and all with a Valentine's Day theme: Miles and Shelby get stuck in medieval England due to a stray announcer; Roland tries to make amends with his only former love; Arriane tries to make the right choice, in spite of and for love; (Hers was my favorite in the novel.) and finally, Daniel and Luce get to spend an enchanted Valentine's Day together for the first time.

What I enjoyed:
-All of these stories provided vital background for some of my favorite Fallen characters
-There wasn't a story I didn't like, Arriane's especially was my favorite
-The pacing of the stories--though this novel is small, the pacing and the storytelling made it feel heftier than it really is
-The cameos of familiar characters, like Cam
-It was a nice filler, and I'm glad I read it before Rapture

What I didn't enjoy:
-There was nothing bad about this novel--it was nice, even though it diverted from the main storyline

I liked Fallen in Love--it was a sweet, light novel, relatively different from the others. It was lovely. Next on deck: Rapture by Lauren Kate!

Comments

Popular Posts