Rogue by Gina Damico Review

Title: Rogue
Author: Gina Damico
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Mystery/Fantasy
Series: Croak, book three
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The third and final novel in the bestselling Croak series, Rogue was amazing--this is how every series should end for me--wonderful!

Lex and the gang are back.. And this time, not just their lives are at risk, but the Grimsphere as a whole. After the heartbreaking events in Scorch, the whole gang is scrambling, despite their entire world and lives being turned on their heads. Change is just a light word for what's going on throughout the sphere, and everyone--everyone--is tested to their limits.

What I enjoyed:
-As always, the narration was great--quick and quirky and utterly hilarious, as well as more than a few shades of dark
-The pacing was insane--I couldn't put it down, and I couldn't stop thinking about it when I couldn't read it!
-Lex and her evolution as a character, from a lost teenager to a mature young woman, as well as her relationship with the other characters
-The gang--Pip and Ferbus and Bang and Uncle Mort and Elysia and of course, Driggs
-The way every single loose end was tied up--beautiful! No questions asked!
-Grotton
-The ending--I bawled my eyes out after I finished

What I didn't enjoy:
-There was nothing I didn't love about this explosive novel, and the series as a whole! A beautiful ending to a quirky, different series that I loved!

I loved Rogue, and the whole series--anyone looking for a different paranormal series or for a funny main character should snatch it up! Next on deck: Defy the Dark, edited by Saundra Mitchell!

Comments

Popular Posts