Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon Review

Title: Infamous
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Series: The Chronicles of Nick, book three
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The third book in the young adult series about one of Kenyon's Dark Hunters, Nick Gautier, Infamous was really amazing--I finished it in one day!

Nick Gautier thinks he's had enough trouble for a lifetime. One would think being a fifteen year old boy from the sticks would be difficult enough, but add to that being the son of a demon, trying to cope with powers you can't control, and the fact that you can't see any enemy until it's right in your face, well.. It's a hard knock life. Along with all this, strange things are happening at Nick's school, and Nick's dad--the murderous demon who spawned him--is after him.. And Nick may not get out whole and sane this time.

What I enjoyed:
-The narration of Nick, hilarious and fresh and drawing me in immediately
-The pacing--it was breakneck and I couldn't put it down
-The secrets that had me twisting and turning throughout the novel--I couldn't see what was coming half the time
-The ending!
-Nick's family and friends, especially his mother and Kody
-The complex cast of characters, half of whom seem to have murderous intent for Nick

What I didn't enjoy:
-The cause of the school trouble in the background seemed kind of contrived to me
-I wish I knew more about the lore of the Dark Hunters novels--it's really difficult to follow!

I really, really liked Infamous and I'm looking forward to Inferno. Next on deck: This Dark Endeavor, by Kenneth Oppel!

Comments

Popular Posts