Sweet Legacy by Tera Lynn Childs Review (Possible Spoiler Alert!)

Title: Sweet Legacy
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Medusa Girls, book three
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: The last thrilling novel in the Medusa Girls trilogy, I simply loved Sweet Legacy--I couldn't put it down! It was a satisfying, wonderful sequel--I loved everything about it!

Gretchen, Grace, and Greer have returned for the final time. Still reeling from arriving in Abyssos, the girls set out to achieve their destiny: open the door between the worlds and make the most frightening decision of their young lives. On top of that, they're dealing with boy crushes, trying to learn how to properly use their powers, and oh, yeah, the most important thing of all: staying together and all in one piece..

What I enjoyed:
-As with every volume in this series, I enjoyed the multiple narration, adding depth and breathing life into the story
-The pacing was breakneck--I couldn't put it down
-The girls themselves--one of my favorite sets of literary siblings!
-The girls' continually evolving relationship throughout the novel
-Nick, Thane, and Milo
-The quirky monsters that the girls meet and some of them, eventually, befriend
-Childs did something I love to have in an ending novel: Every single question was answered and everything was tied up--I was so happy and relieved!
-The ending, as well as what led up to the ending--wonderful!
-The Gorgons, of course
-The gods throughout the novel
-Cassandra and the girls' families

What I didn't enjoy:
-There was nothing I didn't love about this book--it was the perfect ending to a great series!

I loved Sweet Legacy! Any girl dying for a chick alternative to Percy Jackson and the Olympians should grab The Medusa Girls series. Next on deck: Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon!

Comments

Popular Posts