Entice by Jessica Shirvington Review

Title: Entice
Author: Jessica Shirvington
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Series: The Violet Eden Chapters, book two
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Even better than Embrace, Entice has it all--a budding relationship, a race against time, secrets revealed, and an amazing villain--it was a great sequel and I can't wait for more of this!

Violet Eden is back, this time dealing with the aftermath of her choices. Reeling from all she has learned just a few weeks before, she discovers that she's needed once more, this time to race across the globe in a quest for an object that could seriously tip the scales in the battle of good and evil--too far to fix the balance. Add to that her desperate need for her partner, Lincoln, in every way, and the fact that Phoenix is on her heels and isn't letting her go.. Well, let's just say Violet has a lot on her plate--and warnings of a betrayal reach her ears..

What I enjoyed:
-Violet, and her evolution into a strong heroine by the end of the novel, as well as her flaws and her problems--I love her, period
-Lincoln, and his and Violet's relationship, volatile and sensual and coming to a head in the later part of the book
-The pacing, which was breakneck--I couldn't put it down, it moved so quickly!
-Phoenix, of course, as always
-The secrets that were revealed so perfectly--I was hanging on the edge of my seat
-The ending!
-The Grigori characters, especially Spence, Zoe, Sal, Rudyard, and Nyla

What I didn't enjoy:
-Magda

I loved Entice and I can't wait for Emblaze! (Too bad I called a library hiatus after this batch.. Womp! -_-) Next on deck: Partials, by Dan Wells!

Comments

Popular Posts