Ingenue by Jillian Larkin Review (Possible Spoiler Alert!)

Title: Ingenue
Author: Jillian Larkin
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Historical Fiction
Series: The Flappers, book two
Star Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: I was honestly expecting more out of this sequel--Honestly, I'm only reading the final one because of the historical period, and because I want to know what happens to the characters. I really wanted more and it was just dull, unfortunately.

Gloria, Clara, and Lorraine return--this time, all three of them are in New York. Gloria wants nothing more than to be with Jerome, the love of her life, even if it means giving up her riches, and living in the slums. Clara and Marcus are still going strong, though Clara is nervous about being back in New York again. Lorraine is desperate to scheme and get revenge on Gloria, even if it means leaving her innocence behind for good.

What I enjoyed:
-As always, the pacing of the novel--it flew, and that was the only thing that hooked me
-The historical research into the time period itself
-Gloria and Jerome
-Clara and Marcus
-Vera and Evan
-The glittering background Larkin paints, this time in New York
-The ending

What I didn't enjoy:
-The plot at times seemed too easy to figure out
-Lorraine, and her plot in the whole story
-Hank
-Carlito
-I really thought that the sequel was going to be better, but I didn't like it all that much
-I was expecting more and I'm barely hanging on to the series as it is
-Gloria's father
-I'm not even sure why I didn't like the novel, I just thought it was kind of mediocre

I didn't like Ingenue. Anyone looking for a good series about flappers should look elsewhere. Next on deck: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong!

Comments

Popular Posts