Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs Review

Title: Sweet Shadows
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Medusa Girls, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Though this is a worthy sequel, and I can't wait for the last one, this novel took a little while to get rolling--I had hoped for more information.

Gretchen, Grace, and Greer are back, juggling their normal lives with the secrets they aren't supposed to tell: As Medusa's descendants, they must rescue the Gorgons and race against time to get to the bottom of their heritage--even if it means putting their families and their very lives at risk.

What I enjoyed:
-The multiple narrations of the girls throughout the book
-The pacing, once it picked up
-Grace, Gretchen, and Greer, and the way they all seem to me like three different parts of a whole
-The deeper explanation of the Abyss and the girls' heritage
-Nick
-The group of beings Gretchen meets in the Abyss
-The girls' families--especially Grace's brother Thane!
-The ending

What I didn't enjoy:
-It took about a hundred pages to hook me
-I wish there had been clearer explanations of the gods' allegiances, and other things like that--just more information about the mythology of the novel in general, really

I liked Sweet Shadows, but I hope the last and third book is better! Next on deck: Swoon by Nina Malkin!

Comments

Popular Posts