Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon Review

Title: Invincible
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Series: The Chronicles of Nick, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Just as hilarious and even better than the first, I loved Invincible--I can't wait for the sequel! (Though I do wish that the Dark-Hunters lore was more clear.)

Nick Gautier has returned. Only a week after the previous novel, he's trying to deal with the remarkable and frightening revelations of his young life: He's the son of a demon, and could destroy the world if he isn't careful. Pretty scary things to learn when you're only fourteen, and the biggest thing you've ever wanted is to have a real girlfriend! Even worse, mysterious, creepy deaths are sprouting up all over the city, Nick isn't sure who to trust, or how to control his powers..

What I enjoyed:
-The hilarious writing style that I've come to expect from Kenyon
-The pacing--it flew and I almost threw a fit whenever I had to put it down
-Caleb
-Kody
-The villain and how the plot was executed with it
-Death, Pain, and Suffering
-Ambrose
-Kyrian
-Nick's family
-Acheron

What I didn't enjoy:
-I wish there was a way to understand the Dark-Hunters lore without having to read the adult series!

I really liked Invincible--it was a lot of fun! Next on deck: Everbound by Brodi Ashton!

Comments

Popular Posts