Scorch by Gina Damico Review (Possible Spoilers!)

Title: Scorch
Author: Gina Damico
Age Group: Teen/Young Adult
Genre: Mystery/Fantasy
Series: Croak, book two
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
The bottom line: Just as amazing and hilarious as its predecessor, I loved Scorch--it was even better than the first novel!

Lex and her ragtag gang of friends are back. On edge after the events that last happened in Croak, as well as utterly heartbroken, she returns to a Croak that has turned its back on her, afraid and full of judgment. But that's the least of Lex's problems: Zara is still on the loose, Damning people, killing innocents, and Norwood and Heloise are trying to take over Croak. As she races against time to solve yet another caper, she doesn't realize that she might not make it out of this one unscathed..

What I enjoyed:
-The narration, hilarious and touching (my family was constantly asking what I was laughing at while reading it)
-Lex, and her growth throughout the novel, trying to right her mistakes
-Driggs and her other ragtag pals in the Junior class
-Driggs and Lex's relationship
-The caper that is presented, even better than the last one
-Cordy
-Mort, and the other residents of Croak
-The cliffhanger ending--I want Rogue now, dammit!
-Zara
-The further explanation into Reaper lore, with as much new questions as answers

What I didn't enjoy:
-This book was so emotional and had me constantly reaching for the tissues!

I loved Scorch--it was worth waiting for! Next on deck: Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs!

Comments

Popular Posts